KushGarden.Nstars.Org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog in

MS: Kinect on PC 'a possibility'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

MS: Kinect on PC 'a possibility' Empty
PostSubject: MS: Kinect on PC 'a possibility'   MS: Kinect on PC 'a possibility' EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:21 am

Microsoft has told CVG that PC compatibility for Kinect is a "possibility" - and that the device also has potential in non-games industries such as music and film.

Speaking at Gamescom - where Kinect lost out on being voted best peripheral of the show to Sony's PlayStation Move - MS's Kudo Tsunoda claimed that Kinect had the potential for "widespread applications" outside of gaming.

He added that Kinect could even work with mobile phones in the future.

When we asked if Kinect could one day come to PC, he said:

"We're very focused on Kinect for the Xbox, and launching that. I think it's cool though - and this is just from me - I've been in the video game industry for a while now, and I know that in the games industry lots of times we'll take things from other industries and bring it into games.

"We take stuff from movies, or take technology from PCs and put it into games, and Kinect really is the first time that the video game industry is pioneering something that I really think has widespread application outside of just video games.

"So, hypothetically, if I worked at a company that didn't only make games, but also did things with PCs and phones, I think there could probably be some possibility that the tech might get used in other places. But, at least for now, [Microsoft is] focused on Kinect for Xbox."
Back to top Go down
http://kushgarden.nstars.org

MS: Kinect on PC 'a possibility'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KushGarden.Nstars.Org  :: Main Discussions :: Gaming-
Jump to: